WHERE EXACTLY: Fair Park Drive, next to Rose Stadium (football) and Tyler Rose Garden
WHEN VISITED: August 2, 2014 on a weekend trip to East Texas
The WPA field opened in 1938 and was home to several teams: Tyler Trojans, East Texas League (1938-40, 1946, 1949-50), Lone Star League (1947-48); Tyler East Texans (1951-53), Tigers (1954-55), Big State League. It then didn't see a lot of action until the Tyler Wildcatters of the Texas-Louisiana League called it home from 1994-97. It was most recently used by the Tyler Roughnecks of the All-American Association in 2001 and now apparently it's mostly used by the local Tyler Junior College Apaches and amateur teams. The stadium was renovated in 1990 and seats 4,000.